Tuesday 8 November 2022

The Exotics

Just the type of outfit to give a crew some nightmares. I hope.

They started in the habs as a gang of juves named The 9th District Vipers. But they are known by everybody as The Exotics. It's easy to see why. But they are still as deadly as the vipers after which they are named.

When young females are invited to join it's an honour very few refuse. It means they've made it.


Yes. It's the Escher Gang from Necromunda with head swaps from NorthStar's Stargrave Female Crew members. There's exotic and exotic. I like the more dynamic poses that GW does for their figures. The Northstar poses are relatively static in comparison.  My favourite, obviously, is the central figure. But what a lot of bits and pieces to paint. I actually got a bit fed up painting them they had so many things on each to paint.

 The very good news is that they were only £15 for 10 figures including postage.

One thing. My efforts to paint plastic figures still lags well behind any quality I have when painting metal figures. I usually use the Corax white undercoat and am wondering if this is the problem. I'm going to try painting each figure separately and not as a batch to see if I can improve when I paint the other 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Turn 4

(1) Upkeep & Ship Repairs No repairs necessary. Ship Upkeep 6 credits. 16 + 1= 17 - 6 = 11 Crew Upkeep 1 credit (2) Assign & resolve...